Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Passage

The Secret Passage 2/28/2012

I can’t speak for others
But I can speak for myself
Letting the words flow
And living them out.

I will not make any apologies
For who I am
And I will not be ashamed
For what I believe.

We all make our choices
And we all must pay the price
Even though we were warned
And stuck our heads in the sand.

But even though I have lost
I know that I have loved
And even though I suffer
I shall have it back again.

For the worst of men
Never knew love
Raised with hatred and contempt
They poison the world
With tyranny and bloodshed.

They will be the predators
Always looking to kill
Steal and possess
Or anything to assauge
Their deep seated self loathing.

But they will never overpower
Those who will protect
As humble as they are great
And as good as they are strong.

No amount of possessions
And no amount of words
Can ever make them whole
Or fill the emptiness
Inside.

There are worse things than words
And many have slept in the dust
But a word to the wise
Can save us from extinction.

To embrace life
And love the innocent
Is the greatest gift
Far better than conquering the world
Or exalted titles.

I know how it feels
To give and to know
And this makes me worthy
Indomitable
And complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment