Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Generation Zero

Generation Zero 2/21/2012

This isn’t my century
And this isn’t my dream
I guess that’s why it hurts
And never seems to end.

Out of place
And out of time
Running on empty
And dead on arrival.

I am neither the last of the first
Nor the first of the last
A man without a generation
None of the above or neither.

But it is better
That I know it
Than if I pretended
And it’s better that I understand it
Than if I never knew.

I never belonged here
But that doesn’t make me
Any better
Or any worse
Just a little different
And out of place.

Off the rails
And melting the tracks
Metal on metal
And flesh on pavement.

A super destroyer
That only kills himself
Just wasting away again
On the highroad to hell.

If you can’t see the truth
About yourself
Then nothing else will matter
Because the details of another
Can’t save us then.

You can’t blame others
If they never knew at all
Just fools fumbling in the dark
And only fooling themselves.

And even suffering is not the worst
Because it only hurts for awhile
And nothing beats eternity
When we have lived it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment