Friday, February 10, 2012

The Bleeding Edge

The Bleeding Edge 2/10/2012

Sometimes you get what you want
And sometimes you don’t
But the older I get
The more I wonder
Which is better
And which is worse.

Even the most innocent are taken
And even the most guilty prosper
But faith has its own rewards
As mysterious as the deeps.

For those who have lived
And held the hands of the dying
Knowing how much it’s worth
For they pray for eternity
And can feel what it means.

What I never thought possible
Has happened
And all the eggs in my basket
Have all but disappeared.

I wish I could understand it
And I wish I could explain it
But there will always be things
That are senseless
And dumb.

The journey is the truth
And the truth is at the end
A pursuit and not a destination
Both a beginning and a solution.

To know joy is to gallop
With the wind in your hair
Over and under
And around
Full of spirit and fire.

To stretch out your heart
And take on the risks
Even though you are afraid
And have nothing left to save.

Yes the worst can happen
And catch us without warning
But so also can love
And so also can grace.

The burning edge travels
And drags hell with it
Bringing it into our hearts
To bleed us away.

But either way
Here we are
Linked together by words
Traveling the world
With invisible wings.

It is as good a time as any
To know who we are
To grab hold of our highest calling
And never let go.

Join me in the fray
Because life is for the living
And far better it is
If lived in the open.

There is nothing left worth fearing
Because life will happen
Ready or not
So we might as well be happy
And laugh along the way.

Tonight could be the greatest
Or tomorrow could be the end
But it is not ours to measure
Or our right to wager
What will or what may.

Ride along with me
Fearless and free
Because there is little left to keep
But so much to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment