Thursday, January 5, 2012

Proof of Life

Proof of Life 1/5/2012

No one forces us to live
And we can die if we want
Remaining alone
Fatherless and dead.

The choice remains
For those who are undecided
But for those who cannot see
Maybe they never will.

I contemplate my life
And I question my soul
With every action and reaction
A living breathing miracle
One of many
But one of a kind.

You only live once
But we can die
In a million ways
Our is but a daily choice
As to how it’s used
And spent.

If I am an accident
Then I have no purpose
And if there is no purpose
Then humanity
And laws don’t mean a thing.

Then why not kill
And why not destroy
Taking what I want
And burning all the rest.

My life nothing but pointless suffering
Without any lasting meaning
Here but for a moment
And then extinguished forever.

A endless sleep in nothingness
Broken down into bacteria
Food for worms
And crumbling bones.

Why hold back
And why bother to learn
Because if there is no reason
Then there is no God.

If man knew
And if man believed
Then the world would mock
And the world would destroy.

But anyone can doubt
And anyone can ridicule
Taking the safest of roads
An easy road
Downhill and unto death.

But to believe is to know
What it means to hold back
To learn and to grow
From the inside out.

To acquire the ancient wisdom
That no one will teach
And fill in the spaces
That no one will admit.

We ignore
What we cannot explain
And many have been deceived
Because of the arrogance
And vanity of a few.

They mock and they injure
And how they love
To tear others down
Thinking they are clever
When in fact, they are dumb.

But a bigger truth
Is in the details
And it will swallow them whole.
Their legacy forgotten
Like a melted snowflake.

If you have been burned
Then you have played with fire
Learning how to live
And learning how to kill.

I have them inside
And I shall let them go
Proof enough for me
And that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment