Monday, June 20, 2011

A poem regarding the death of Ryan Dunn




6/20/2011



For those we lose

Good friends we have had
And good friends we have lost
But all is not forgotten
That we once dreamed.

In death we are healed
And all our thoughts completed
Back to where we were supposed to be
Everywhere and everything.

There are dreams we haven’t lived
And there are lives we haven’t known
But it is here that we are planted
And it is here, where we have bled.

I stand and I breathe
And I can still hear
As the voices and the music
Echo throughout my life
Calling me back to the beginning
Where we played
In jubilant sun.

We are here for something
And we may fulfill it unknowing
But whether we live or die
There is life, and there is promise.

God was there
When I was made
In the dark
He knit my body.

One of a kind
But like so many
Just a vessel
And not a home.

But rather a journeyman
Who lives just to learn
In preparation for something
That is yet to come.

I have fallen
And I have returned
Bloody, beaten, and bruised
But still full of laughter
And still full of life.

My friends are with me
And they shall abide
Dwelling in the spirits
That rise in the night.

There are bigger things
Than what we have seen
And there are bigger places
Than what we have known.

A better place
And a true peace
The kind that does not demand
But knows.

We ride on wings of eagles
And we soar high and fast
Never touching the ground
Closer to God
Than man.

Even if I do not know
And even if I do not see
The days of glory shall return
When all of us
Were one.

We will drink purplish wine
And it will be rich and pure
Together forever
And laughing like pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment