Thursday, August 25, 2016

Foothills




Over the hills                            8/25/2016

It was always about the wait
And it was always about the time
Running me and running you
And running out
Over my head.

We were supposed to be happy
And look at the positive side
But in the end
Something went wrong
And there was no turning back.   

I fell through a crack
And maybe that is all it is
An accidental mistake
While sleep walking through life.

But climbing out
I cannot help but notice
That something has changed
And will never be the same. 

The guy who fell down
He is dead
But the man I am
Is entirely something else. 

His rope was cut
And he fell into a hole
A bottomless crack
Black as coal. 

Now I am the odd man
The one who thinks too much
Thinking too far ahead
And looking over my shoulder.  

The one who searches
And scans the crowd
Whispering to God
To save us all.  

No longer believing
What other people say
Now that I know
And now that I see. 

Crush it all
And throw it away
Every single thing
False, fake, and wasted.

All that matters
Is what we make it
Surviving and fulfilling
Every promise.

He will come
And he is closer than ever
Stronger than the world
Beautiful, perfect, and free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment