Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Post Deception


Post Deception 12/23/2015 

It is not easy
To let go
And it’s not easy
To be wrong.

Knowledge can be a burden
As we watch
And comprehend
All that dies  
And fades away. 

If we could go backwards
We could change it all
But no one goes anywhere
Without dragging it behind. 

Others have played with fire
And they have burned me well
Scarred for life
From the inside out.

And I,
I have only watched
An observer
In my own narration
Staring though,
The looking glass. 

I get better
But I also forget
As I go through the motions
A million times or more.

Foolishly repeating every mistake
Programmed and dumb
Just as we always were
A thousand times before. 

Each and every day
We run the gauntlet
Uninformed
And unprepared.

There is no warning
But it’s not about 
Unwarranted fears
Setting us all up
Dead as a duck.

Nothing but a flat profile
Running on a belt
Something to knock over and kill
A nameless, faceless enemy
Hated and blamed. 

Silence can tell you everything
And the less that is said
The more you should know
The truth outright
And blazing in the sky. 

The rear future expands
And sends a shiver
Up my spine  
All understood
The warnings and the horror.

Desperate men
Make their final plans
Knowing their days are numbered
To do what they will. 

The window closes
But as it closes
Rage explodes 
In hatred,
And in murder. 





No comments:

Post a Comment