Thursday, July 16, 2015

Insignia



Insignia                        7/16/2015

The dead eyes fly 
Into the great unknown 
Blind to the truth 
Of ancient relics 
And eternal truth.   

There is only one you
And there is only one me
Each life a miracle
Against infinite odds.  

We have a mind
And inhabit a body
Tethered to our our soul
Working through an avatar
For the here and the now.   

The spirit comes
And heals our wounds
Inspiring us with possibilities
And limitless love. 

There are no promises
And there are no guarantees
Not in this world
Rotten to the core.

First comes the action
And then comes the result
Cause and effect
Effort and goal.

The action should determine the outcome
Or the action means nothing at all
And if our choices do not matter
Then our soul has no purpose.   

The good are sacrificed
And the beasts are released
Running wild in the streets
And gnashing their teeth. 

This morning, I got up
And then I went to work
But even though I smile
I have not forgotten
A single thing.  

I know what it feels like
To be attacked
And forgotten
Rejected and passed over
For the worst reasons of all.

Yes, they left me behind
Empty handed and alone
Publicly humiliated
And abandoned.

My name covered over
And forgotten
Purposely rearranged
And unacknowledged.

It is no accident
And it is no mistake
The arrogance of hateful men
Petulant and Immature.

Behold the apple cart
Full of golden fruit
Personally gained
From favors
And deceit.

If you want to win
Then you must turn it over
Even if you suffer
And even if you lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment