Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Quicker

Quicker 6/25/2013

I breathe easy
Because now I am a stranger
No longer trying to understand
What will never make sense.

The demons no longer
Tug at my heart
Pulling me in different directions
No longer able to drag me backwards
And down into hell.

Now they just sit on the fence
And stare at me
When I leave
Just waiting for me to give up
And just hoping
That I will fall.

There is no other reason
Than the obvious truth
That evil men
Do not want your kindness
But only your death.

They are as relentless at they are low
With no threat beneath them
And no conscience to guide them
With hearts full of contempt
And minds full of hatred.

Promises from them, are nothing
But transparent puffs of smoke
Given just to get
And then dissolving into air.

Working behind the curtain
And using every trick they can
To seduce the stupid
And persuade the good.

They accuse and they scream
And have cost many a dream
Chasing the truth from debate
And diluting it with lies.

But even this
You should know will come
Because it was there all along
And right under our nose.

And the worse that it gets
The quicker will come the end
When all that was lost
Is reclaimed
And restored.

Yes the demons still wait
And sit on my fence
Staring straight at me
As I leave for the day.

But something has changed
No matter how hard it gets
And even though they laugh and jeer
I stare straight back at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment