Wednesday, July 13, 2016

RSVP

RSVP                    7/13/2016



After the passage
The journey disappears
And we forget
A million tiny steps.

We had
And we lost
We learned
And we tried. 

Sometimes I wonder
What it was
That I missed
Growing up asleep
Blind and mute.

I barely scratched
The surface
And I let her go
Too easily defeated
And discouraged.

But it’s now that I know
What it means
And how it feels
Living backwards in my mind
And dreaming
Through the years.

It is not about winning
For winning is a state of mind
The outcome of war
Far different
Than a skirmish in the sun.

What is in me
Is greater
A larger victory by far
The part of me I gained
When I lost it all. 

The journey never ends
And I have traveled far
Even inside this circle
All is acknowledged
And understood. 

The box will open up
And then we will see
What we have made
With new eyes
And a new heart. 

Embracing at last
With a knowing smile
That we have won
Forever.  




No comments:

Post a Comment