Thursday, April 23, 2015

Afterwards

Afterwards    4/23/2015



After the rain
We found sharks teeth
And arrow heads
In another life
And another place.

My father’s boat
Bounced over the waves
Slicing through the white caps
And spritzing me with water. 

I can still hear the engine droning
And smell the fuel
In a land long since abandoned
By surrender and neglect.

I listen to the spirit
And let it guide my words
As I find myself in the middle
Of a very alien world. 

Domestic beer and strawberry shortcake
Crayons and  acrylic paint
The thoughts and memories
Suspended like dust particles
Floating in a beam of light. 

In my mind
Many things have happened
And in my life
I have grasped it all
And watched it melt away.  

The hours pass by
And I remain at my screen
Thinking of impossible things
And endless angst. 

If my hands could create
Even a tenth of what I dreamed
Then I would have eternity
To share and grow. 

It is all saved inside
And it all belongs to God
The gift of love
And laughter. 

He will yet unlock it
And bring back the lost
Healing every wound
Better than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment