Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sidewalk



Sidewalk 2/26/2014

There is no reason to look
If there is nothing you can do
And there is no reason to survive
If there is nothing left to say.

It is easy to say hello
But it’s hard to say goodbye
As we rise up and fall down
Over another bump in the road.

We have come around the corner
But it is still, just the same
Just like it was yesterday
And the day before that. 

There is nothing unique about today
Even if we are different
Because what lurks in our hearts
Has always been there. 

There are always secrets
And there are always riddles
But the puzzle of life
Endures.

We get closer
And then we fall away
Unable to accept
What was true all along. 

If you can think about thinking
Then you can guess the rest
Because not all things are true
And not all things are good.

We are linked together
Even if we are apart
And I will have
All I have known
And much more than this. 

A fire can burn the body
But it cannot touch the soul
Transduced like information
And recorded somewhere else.

Don’t answer the door
Because it might be a trick
And be careful where you go
Because the beasts are hungry. 

The day you know it
Is the day, you start to learn
As every pore is electrified
And a shiver goes up your spine. 

I have not forgotten
And I have not given up
But instead I ask for something different 
And better than before.  

It may come as a surprise
And it may come as a shock
But not for the humble
And not for the true. 

All things must pass
Yes, even the ugly
And the dumb
But if we only understood
We would still smile. 

No matter what happens
And no matter what is lost
The best will always be yet to come
Even in ten thousand years. 

I see you 
But, there are many things
I just cannot do
Even if, I wanted 
And even if, I dreamed.  

But what I can be
Is only just beginning
As I keep scratching at the surface
And knocking at the door. 



No comments:

Post a Comment