Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Old Gold




Neo Classic   12/18/2013

I loved her
But she never knew it
My first love
Frozen in time.

I watched her sleep at nap time
A fetching brunette
Full of wit
And mystery.

At recess
She smoked candy cigarettes
And I never saw anything
More beautiful
Or wise.  

At home I colored her name
Over and over again
I loved her then
And I can never forget her name.

She moved to a different school
And many years passed 
Before I saw her again
But in the mean time
Everything was lost 
And everything changed.

Many things are forgotten
But some things
Vividly remain
More perfect than reality
And preserved in amber. 

It was a world of wonder
Of ever expanding possibilities
But now it contracts
And weighs heavily
On my mind.

Those who can
Become abstract
Complex humans
Of opposite meanings.

We can appear weak
But still be strong
As we make up a life
As we go along. 

Only God knows the truth
The whole and perfect part
That man cannot control
No matter how much he tries.

We always return
And when we do
Remember it, like you should
With reverence and respect.

Humility is the greatest gift
And I wear it with pride
Because the best things
Are always
What we give away.

I remember and I sing
That ideas are beautiful
More ideal and romantic
Than anything we see.

Love for the sake of it
And let it wash away the pain
Painting life with bold strokes
Brilliant, poetic, and gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment