Thursday, September 6, 2012

Broad Daylight




Broad Daylight 9/6/2012

The heavy lifting is over
And now I am tired
Barely able to stay awake
As my fingers
Punch at the keys.

I have given my all
And now here I sit
Resting my eyes
And letting it flow.

I hope these words
Find some ears
Before they dry up
Dead in my throat.

Spreading far and wide
And into divergent places
No matter what they think
Or what they feel.

Some search to learn
And some search to watch
But the words are bigger than the man
And the man
Doesn’t mean a thing.

I am here
Immovable
And unknowable
A mystery and a riddle
Just waiting to be born.

In deep dark places
Others think and plan
Far away from you and I
Yet so much closer
To the end.

There is what you see
And there is what you don’t
As we watch the one hand
The other
Springs to action.

Nothing could be clearer
And nothing more obvious
Than foolish pride
And suicidal neglect.

Heading downhill
In a irreversible dive
With little time left
To bail or die.

This is the question
And this is the hardest test
Because even the greatest glory
Shall come from blood.

You can spin it
Anyway which way you can
But the truth shall emerge
Between the fingers of the hand.

The sky is full of stars
And they watch us
Day and night
With more knowledge
Than we know
And more perception
Than we think.

Wisdom is the difference
Between learning
Where you should go
And what you should avoid
Who you should follow
And who you should fight.

All I can do is ask
And all I can do is write
One of many of the lost
Ready to come home.

Others may seek
Our head on a platter
But these veins carry more than blood
And this heart
Will never give up.

Look now
And do not forget
Because not every man gets
More than a second chance
And no man knows
What tomorrow shall bring.




No comments:

Post a Comment