Thursday, June 22, 2017

Blood Sample



Blood Sample               6/22/2017

Sometimes I think of dreams
And sometimes memories
Can become a dream
Lost like scattered pearls
At the bottom of the ocean. 

I did not know
All that I had
And now that I know
It is almost too late. 

Looking backwards
Across the memories
I feel for what I could have been
And lost along the way. 

But even if I had
What would I know now
A completely different man
In a completely different time. 

We are shaped by events
Both in winning
But also in losing
Through the suffering
As well the fat. 

Perhaps this is the best
And that is what makes me think
Bleeding out
On a blank page. 

I have lived  
And I loved
Losing and gaining
Precious treasures
Sparkling in my mind. 

Thrown on the rocks
I breathe deep upon the shore
Spent by the struggle
Head above water. 

The treasure is missing
But also inside
The kind you cannot measure
Steal
Or hide. 

Regret hurts
But the longing
Is worse
Grabbing you by the guts
And twisting. 

I tried
But even in trying
It will never be enough
And in the end
I still sit
And bleed. 

These words
Each one is a drop
Squeezed out
The hard way
One beat
At a time. 

Approval and praise
They are nothing at all
Nothing but dangling carrots
For others peoples greed.

But God is the truth
And shines above all
The one thing I cannot lose
No matter how hard
I try. 

I gave up
And I gave in
Turning over and over
Alone on the couch.

Nothing but a white worm
Crawling on a razor
With nothing left to lose
And no will
To fight. 

Sleeplessly sweating
Through a long dark night
In a haunted house
Of numberless dreams. 

Years have passed
Since that night
But something changed
And something broke
Split in half
And up in smoke. 

I am full
Even if wanting
And now I wait
Even when alone. 

Someday we will know
And someday we will see
At last fully understood
And fully free. 

Until then, we wait
And fumble in the dark
Chasing after mirages
And running from doubt. 

In a perfect time
And in a perfect place
None of this will matter
All forgiven
And all forgotten.    

No comments:

Post a Comment