Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Four Fingers




Four Fingers              1/12/2016

Three fingers or four
Pour it out
And watch it flow
Hot, warm, or cold.


I tried to help
And loosen the bolt
But the metal gave way
And cut me deep. 

Pushing hard against the handle
Slick with my blood
Surging red and silver,
In the pouring rain.

In life, there are u turns
And sometimes a bump in the road
Blowing out our tires
And jolting us awake.

We do what we can
And we do, what we must
Despite risk
And failure. 

I am hers
And she is mine
Even after the loss
Nothing has changed.

Waiting is hard
But patience cures everything
With time 
And reflection.  

Sometimes our payers are answered
And sometimes they are not
But wisdom makes the difference
The second time around. 

Give me what you can
And I will give you my all
Even if it hurts
And even if we lose. 

The sun shines
Even in winter
And the warmth of the heart
Will keep us alive.    

No comments:

Post a Comment