Thursday, November 12, 2015

Random

Random                                                11/12/2015




Scatter the ashes
And let them blow away
Spreading into the vastness
From which all of us
Were made.   

We are vessels
Hollowed out and dumb
Far from what could have been
Ages ago. 

Time stretches thin
Transparent and linear
A long ride on a pin point
Flattened on a paper.

Once I tried,
But now I think
Pondering in a day dream
Numberless might have beens.

We fall in
And we fall out
Randomly intersecting
And separating. 

Avatars in a game
Projected into space
Holograms of light
Hosting spirits and souls.

I get tired
And I get distracted
All for something
I cannot hold. 

A host to a battle
Raging in my mind
Pushed and pulled in all directions
By doubt and regret.

But then I remember
And shake my head
Snapping myself back
To the present.

Fight it
Fight it now
Even though you are hated
And you are ignored.

Friends can drift
And acquaintances lost
But each and every day
A new ending begins.   

No comments:

Post a Comment