Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Ghostly

Ghostly 10/29/2013



The dead part has been walled off
And remains a blackened piece of flesh
Inside of my heart
Sealed and forgotten
Never to return. 

Once I thought
I knew what mattered
But that part of me has died
And I shall never be the same.

There is no longer any hatred
But only revulsion and disgust
That I could live for so long
And never learn a thing.

Like a soldier
Returning from war
Marveling at the every day details
That will never mean a thing.

There is nothing I want
And there is nothing I ask
But still I search
Just to know
And understand. 

The world spins
And we look at what we are
But it’s not about us
And it never was at all.

Their reflection stays with you
The haunting faces of the past
But they are more of a warning
Than a regret. 

Those I pray for
Still remain
And today is another day
On the long way home. 

It will be alright
Even if we fail
Because as long as we keep trying
Love will prevail. 




No comments:

Post a Comment