Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Blood Test



Blood Test             4/26/2017

Every day
We inch a little closer
Always on the run
Out of breath
And under the gun. 

The ground falls away
And we have nowhere to stand
Now that its spread
All across the land. 

An incurable disease
Of willful negligence
The guilty few
Full of pride
And intransigence. 

We crawl across a razor
But can’t see the truth
Because truth is a crime
Forbidden and unspeakable

Deep down you know
And what you see is reality
Outside and inside
Down the hill
And over the line. 

Many live in fear
Because they dare not share
For loss of reputation
Or livelihood.

Self-censoring
They live in a lukewarm bath
Gradually heated
And cooking us alive. 

Impossible is the future
Of constant control
Continuously supervised
From the cradle to the grave.

Endless as the propaganda
And tepid as a half truth
The good weakened
And the weak
Emboldened. 

Once I thought I had value
And once I thought I was worthy
But it took a long time to know
That I was nothing but a dirty rag
Used up and thrown away.

Wisdom did not come easy
And it didn’t happen over night
Dying to self
A little more
Each and every day.

Words can heal
But they can also injure
Creating invisible wounds
That never heal. 

Always oozing blood
And sapping our strength
The scars and memories
Indelibly imprinted
And seared.

I remember how it hurt
And I guess I always will
But I also remember
What I have said
And all that I have done.

What I want
I give away
And what I desire
Returns with time
Perfect and free.

All of the hurt
Is only hurt
But what we have
Is the gift
Ten times
Ten thousand.

Give it now
To whomever will receive
The blessings you have
Flowing through
An eternal spring
Of living water.    





No comments:

Post a Comment