Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wednesday


Wednesday                           8/22/2018

Everyone suffers
And everyone hurts
Up, down, and over
Asleep in the dirt.

The greater offered up
For nothing at all
Traded for a murderer
And nailed to a tree. 

I remember
Because I was forgotten
And I am faithful
Because I was discarded. 

A larger truth
That many understand
That you never ask the lonely
If they believe
In second chances. 

But for me
I go on
One foot after another
Slow and steady
Inch by inch
And foot by foot.

I love
Because I was rejected
And I am patient
Because I was rash.

Faithful to the end
I did what I could
Fumbling in the dark
Unaware and dumb. 

Picked up
And plucked out
I found comfort in your wings
Safe and secure. 

Many are the dreams
That will never come true
Because God knows better
How and when. 

How long
Nobody knows
When all of us
Who wait
See.   




No comments:

Post a Comment