Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Six and Seven




Six and Seven                2/1/2017

Time goes on
Until its gone
Spinning dust
Into salt.

Straight as an arrow
The flat line
Strikes us through
Touching me
And touching you. 

I lived on the outside
And nothing seemed real
Not enough to change me
Deep in my heart. 

I stared into
The looking glass
But I never saw myself
Living in my emotions
Warm, safe, and sound. 

Others people eyes
And other peoples thoughts
Stare back in abstract
Alien and remote. 

But they bored
A hole in my heart
And left me to bleed
Pierced, white, and Lifeless.

I should have known better
But seldom does
A fool understand
Just how close danger
Follows a treasure.

But if one can learn
Then so also can I
Gathering experience
In wounds worn as badges
Shinning in the sun.

The sideways smiles
Are gone
But so also does the raw
Spasms of grief. 

Some people talk
But others are silent
Deep down growing
In imperceptible degrees.

Now I see
How they saw me
And now I feel
Time passing
Over my head.

Every mistake
And every oath
Harshly spoken
And wasted
On the way.

Every promise
And every curse
Every small moment
Overlooked
And forgotten. 

I see the foolish anger
Over the things
And the people
All the things of life
That I could not change. 

They go on
Unchanged
And unknowing
While stare inside
A throbbing gaping hole. 

I hear all their fake
Conversations
But now
Then don’t bother me at all
All of them blind
And all of them dumb. 

They may never know
And they may never understand
What it feels like
To win
Even when you lose. 

Unaware
And unsung
The shallow fish
Darting in a bowl. 

Under glass
And under deception
Safe enough
To never grow. 

Never knowing
The searing pain
But also never able
To savor
All the glory. 

I sit back
And let it pass
At perfect peace
Serene and content. 

Let them all
Gnash their teeth
And flap their jaws
Consumed by their own lies
Blind to the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment