Thursday, March 1, 2018

Worthy



Worthy                         2/28/2018

It is far more than a feeling
And it is far more than an obligation
The choice we make
Every moment
And every day. 

A hard hike up the hill
And not an easy slope
Leaning in
And pressing on. 

And no,
love is not a prize
To be won
Or trophy
To be owned. 

Especially for those
Who have lost everything
Yet remain undefeated
Tested by trial
And seasoned by fire.

No longer in fear
And no longer bound
To status or approval
Fake, false, and temporary.

At peace within
And content without
Feasting among enemies
And laughing like a pirate.

Full and overflowing
In love and fellowship
Surrounded by the good
And genuine. 

Like a king in his castle
We rejoice in the gift
Undeserved splendor
And glittering glory.

I thank the Lord
Even before I have
The Grace and the peace
Beyond compare. 

It was you
Who opened my eyes
And your who
Healed my heart!

Thank you Lord
Thank you Lord
It is you who fill me up
And you who pour me out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment