Thursday, November 14, 2019

Soon

Soon                            11/14/2019


Some things
Cannot be explained
Obscured by the veil
Of human vision.  

Mere shadows
And distant mirages
Playing with our emotions
And penetrating
Our heart. 

We all seek the comfort
Of ease
And happiness
The light load
Of pretending
That some do so well. 

And many succumb
To the sweetest of lies
Lured by promises
And ill gotten money. 

Some men
Lie easily
Far more than anyone
Will ever know. 

Always searching
And always looking
For unattended treasure
And unwary prey. 

The good
Are often tired
And the innocent
Often distracted.

Sleeping in day dreams
And driving in neutral
Going through the motions
Work, sleep, and food. 

Burdened by worry
The debt slaves suffer
Unable to see
What God has to offer. 

Tempted by escape
Many leave their baggage
Letting others
Pick up the pieces
Scattered on the floor. 

Each piece
Salted with memories
A shattered glass mosaic
Sharp and jagged. 

I tried to pick
Them up
Until my hands
Were bloody
The wounds of yesterday
Fresh and throbbing. 

Too small to grasp
Their tear at my feet
Walking through
The hours
Day after day. 

But now
I have claimed you
And now I said it all
Proclaiming my love
For anyone
And everyone. 

It was you Lord
Who saved me
Both then
And also now. 

They know it is
With you
That I have placed my life
Without reservation
Heart, mind, and soul. 

Shut up their mouths
And put an end to their mocking
Exposing every lie
And every deception. 

Let everyone see
What their hands
Have been doing
In the dark
And under the table. 

I wait for you
And your perfect timing
The complete and utter victory
And to you
All the glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment