Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Rune Sword

Rune Sword              4/24/2018

I found a sword
At standing stone
Rusted, crusted
And left in the rain.

Scrubbed, scoured
Oiled and cleaned
I wedged it behind a bookcase
Idle and ready. 

I added a gilded cross
and I wrote down the date
Sacred to thyself
By chance and memory.

Only God
Knows the reason
And only God
Knows my heart. 

He who knew me
Long before I was
The one single thing
Against the odds of eternity. 

God alone
Keeps me afloat
And God alone
Gives me bread. 

With eyes to see
And a mind to ask
I see the world
Shudder and groan.

Under the weight
And under the gun
The evil hearts of men
Corrupt to the core.

Unimagineable the horror
And unspeakable the acts
Unnatural, evil
Satanic and dead.

Let it all come out
The truth like the sun
Cutting deep
And cutting through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment